Wednesday, September 15, 2010

RiverFire & More!

Hey all!
I know its been AGES since I last updated! But I've just been real bz with assgmts, quizzes n essays..Thank God tis week I only have the genetics essay & quiz 2 worry about. Apart from that, voting 4 student council started this wk! Yes the voting poll is on! So fellow UQ-ians, please choose wisely yea? Will it be FRESH or will it be CHANGE? Well I did my voting 2day just so I could get that lovely $5 voucher (free lunch 4 a day), yet there were tons of names 2 choose, AND you even get 2 put your preferences from 1,2,3...I just chose based on the council and nicest names so 4 those of you with quirky names, you've been chosen!
Okay, enough of that. Yes, so me and the housemates went 4 RiverFire like 2 weeks ago i think? yes it's so backdated i know! But I rmb it was right after my exam so I deserved that! So off we went at ard 6-ish 2 southbanks and mind you we managed 2 catch the LAST citycat 2 southbanks. Once we arrived, it was 5mins to 7 and we walked right across Vic bridge 2 the massive crowd of ppl *watch the video*. We couldn't find Ben & Lauren so we decided 2 catch a spot near the ferris wheel. Apparently ppl were picnicking/booking a spot since 5pm?? N the fireworks strt at 730pm mind you. Anyway there we were staring all this while at the sky WAITING 4 the jet airplane on FIRE bursting through the airs. Honestly I expected much more, like synchronized jets doing those cool stunts, like 360 turn and a 180 or anything! Well watch the video and find out =)
The fireworks were the BEST I've seen so far though! so thumbs up 4 tat! Lasted 4 a whole 30mins and it was def worthwhile. The after-show was a pain tho, every1 was literally just bumping/pushing each other 2 get out. Crowd disperse, and the streets was jam-packed w ppl its like watching a scene from 2012. Wanted 2 eat at Grill'd but the line was terribly long, n our stomach's were grumbling so we settled 4 sum jap food instead. No comments abt that btw *i miss SAKAE sushi like mad!* Then we met up with Sach, Tse & afew other friends. They were having dinner at satay hut, which looks so good but yet....way off our budget. We WILL try that plc 1 day! =) Wrapped up the day after much chats and home we went! Picture time::

















P/s: The vid could not be uploaded so I'll prob post em up on fb instead.
Till nx time! toodles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment